We created a custom storage facility for one of our long-term customers. They wanted 8 containers stacked 4 on top of 4 with easy accessibility to the upper units. We fabricated a 5ft wide gantry which bolted across the containers and fitted a steel staircase to it for personnel access. The gantry also had handrails all around which also acted as gates so the customer could lift any large loads up to the platform with a forklift truck, the customer could then easily load the items into the containers. Each container was also converted and kitted out with full electrics, lover vents for good ventilation and heavy-duty racking down both sides. Internally we panted units light grey and externally blue with anti-corrosive container paint. Finally, the Universal team organised the delivery off the units and went to site to install them along with the staircase and platform.
- 8x New 20ft standard containers all with the below
- Steel racking with timber tops
- 2x 400x400mm Aluminium louver vents
- Electrics to include, 2x LED strip lights, 2x 3ft tube heater all surface mounted on steel mounting plates with consumer unit and external isolator.
- Unit painted internally light grey
- Unit painted externally blue
- Steel gantry with access staircase
- Gantry to have gates opposite the container doors so pallets can be loaded to the upstairs units.
- Delivery and site installation by Universal