A shipping container man cave is not just a retreat – it’s a statement of personal style and functionality.
Whether you have a clear idea or just the beginnings of one, our team will work closely with you, harnessing our expertise in design and functionality to create a space that’s distinctly yours. From the initial concept to the final touches, our team collaborates with you every step of the way, ensuring your vision becomes a reality.
- Made from Corten Steel (COR-TEN)
- Floor crafted from Marine Grade Plywood (27mm thick)
- High cube or standard containers are available
- Hard-wearing flooring
- Windproof and watertight
- High-security steel doors
- Multiple lashing points
- Multiple air vents
- Containers can be painted any RAL colour requested
Design your own man cave
Designing your own man cave is an invitation to craft a personal sanctuary tailored to your tastes, interests, and aspirations. A shipping container man cave can be anything you want it to be for less, sometimes with no need for planning permission. We can install benches and bars, shelves and storage space for your hobby materials and supplies, windows and doors, giving you the flexibility to fully enjoy the space.
Efficient and functional features
Whatever your needs and desires are, we can adapt your space to include specific features. This can include comfortable benches and seating, robust shelving, ambient lighting, appropriate heating, essential ventilation, and modern electrics. Create zones for your equipment or hobby stations, and add extra doors or windows as desired.
Conversions and customisations available:
- Lining and insulation (plywood, melamine boarding, food-grade and medical grade materials)
- Welded bays and workbenches
- Racking and shelving
- Fire doors
- Ventilation and extractor fans
- Condensation prevention installation
- Security padlocks with multiple keys
- Electrics, heating, and lighting installation
- Gas strut operated fitted hatches
- Manual and automatically operated roller shutters
- Doors, windows, and skylights
- Finishes and colours
- Any bespoke fabrication required
We’ve been building shipping container workspaces for decades
With 40 years in the business and thousands of hours spent converting containers every year, Universal Containers has become one of the UK’s leading container suppliers. We’re confident we can build and maintain your container, whatever you need it for and wherever you’re using it.
Talk to our team to get a fast quote and any information you need.
Looking for a completely custom solution?
We have a wide range of base containers that can be customised to your needs, however we
sometimes you need something completely ‘Outside the box’.
Contact us and one of our experts will be in touch to help design the container of your dreams
Don’t just take our word for it
Find out why our customers love us and our products